Individualized instruction to develop water safety, swimming, and social skills in a safe environment. This brand new program is designed to provide individualized instruction for individuals with disabilities in the Inland Empire. This program is coordinated by instructors credentialed in Adapted Aquatics by the American Alliance for Health, Physical education, recreation, and Dance (AAHPERD), which sets the standards for adapted aquatics education. Our instructors know and understand that all participants in our program have special needs and have been trained to meet those needs.
To become a Star F.I.S.H. participant follow these simple steps:
- To provide a non-threatening learning environment
- To use teaching methods that will enhance the student’s learning process
- To help each student with their fears or non-fears of being in the water
- To use the warm water to help the student achieve
- To focus not only on the swimming concepts, but on the social interactions that most students need additional assistance with
- Complete and turn in a Behavior & Abilities Assessment to DropZone or email to Pool Supervisor.
- The packet will be reviewed by a program coordinator to ensure the best instructor is chosen.
- You will get a call to confirm time desired and completion of the registration process.
- Payment can be made over the phone once registration process is completed by program coordinator or in person at DropZone.
Contact Info Coming Soon!