Before entering Junior Lifeguarding, participants must
demonstrate the following skills:
■ Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously
while breathing to the front or side.
■ Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull,
breathe, kick and glide sequence.
■ Complete the Water Competency Sequence.
Water Competency Sequence
■ Complete the water competency sequence
1. Step into water from the side
and totally submerge.
2. Maintain position for one minute by treading
water or floating (or a combination of the two).
3. Rotate one full turn and orient to the exit.
4. Level off and swim on the front or back
5. Exit without using a ladder or steps.
Course Cost: $200.00 per session
Early drop off 7:30am additional cost $70.00
Late pick up 1:00pm-4:00pm $140.00